How It Works: The Sales and Installation Process
__ Come in and consult with our sales staff for the correct product that meets your needs. It helps to bring in measurements and pictures to assist us in this process.
__Once you have chosen your fireplace, you will then place a fully refundable deposit. If you are not installing yourself or you are just picking up the unit, please CONTACT an independent contractor to assess your needs and provide a labor estimate. We request you do this so you know all your costs ahead of time. Our sales staff can be helpful during this process due to their knowledge of contractor’s specialties. Please ask for a list of available contractors and choose the one you like.
__ Once a labor bid is signed please inform Santa Cruz Fireplace and Hot Tub (SCFPHT) and we will order or reserve your unit. Once this occurs, your deposit is no longer fully refundable. WE DO NOT ORDER YOUR UNIT UNTIL THIS STEP IS DONE. (Please call us. Do not assume we know the agreement between you and your contractor). As a reminder, time is of essence during peak season. Please note that if you want us to order your unit when you place a deposit, you are agreeing to pay a restock fee if cancelled.
__ After scheduling an installation date with the contractor of your choosing, you will need to pay any remaining balance due on materials to SCFPHT one week prior to your installation date (we do not take credit cards over the phone). If you received a check/cash discount you must pay entire balance in the same manner to receive that discount.
Things to remember:
- Review invoice before purchase to confirm correct pricing and clarification of products or services.
- Read thoroughly our contract on the back of the invoice and sign once understood.
- You are responsible for contacting an independent contractor for your estimate and job.
- Please keep in mind inclement weather can cause delays.
- SCFPHT does all the warranty work for products we sell you, please call sooner than later.
- We are all here to make this a pleasant experience, let us know how we can help.
- Enjoy your new fireplace and contact us with any questions!